Saturday, May 17, 2014

My freshman year of highschool I was placed in a Speech and Debate class. Our first assignment was to memorize a monologue and perform it in front of the other students a week later. I was given a dramatic monologue. The week flew by way too fast and there I was, shaking and sweating and panicking. My name was called. I made my way to the front of the class. When I opened my mouth, the words came out shaky and I suddenly felt so thankful I was given a dramatic monologue. The shakiness would add to the performance. It did. I aced it and the teacher looked on at me in hopes of recruiting me to represent the school in Speech and Debate tournaments. I left the room feeling vibrant, accomplished, and, hey, a little cocky. Ok, that's a lie. I marched straight to my counselor and dropped the class. Why? Because I freaked out.
What does that story have to do with me as an author? ...Nothing. Except maybe to say: I'm not gonna drop this one. 
I welcome you to my blog! I hope this can be a place to cultivate a love of reading, writing, and imagining. Moreover, I hope we can be real here and live our lives transparently in a way that will help each other grow. You matter so much to me. You matter a great deal more to God. Let's hang out and rediscover that. 
I wrote a book called To Be Free. Grief is ugly and snotty and messy and it was important to me that that came across. The main protagonist, Annora, is a mess. She's lost and depressed after losing the last of her family. The book is her journey during the months following her tragedy. It's a drama, it's an inspirational, and it's romantic, ladies! 
So, thank you for stopping by and please come back often! I will be reviewing books I've read, ranting about how they emotionally effected me, and blabbing endlessly about innumerable topics. 
See you soon!
Love,
L  




No comments:

Post a Comment